New Members Education
MATTHEW 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
To not only ensure that the church obeys the Gospel but that every new member is taught what to obey and why obeying Christ is cardinal to being His disciple.
- This ministry consists of men who are sound in the faith and are able to teach others to obey.
- The teaching aid used is called “Discovering the roots of my faith”
- The classes are taught in an informal setting where the intent is to encourage dialogue and questions.
- The aim is to help new members become accustomed to using their Bible, in this way familiarising themselves with the primary text as it addresses all aspects of their faith.
- Discussion is encouraged and all fears of being “new” are allayed.
- The eternal purpose of God is seen as the backdrop against which the new member sees their transformation into the Image of Christ.